Gifts for Foodies
Pick Your Price
Showing 1–30 of 41 results
304 stainless steel pot set, non-stick pan smoke-free large-caliber wok combination soup pot, steamer with stainless steel handle and lid for induction, gas, electric and stovetop
34/36 Cm Pans Frying Pan Cast Iron Red Enamel Wok Less Fume Thickened Ears Cooking Pot With Induction Cooker Pdg44 34 cm
BBQ Gas Grill 12 Ft Island Outdoor 72,000 BTU 8 Burners Rotisserie Modular Sink Station Wine Cooler Fridge Stainless Steel Black Marble Top Canvass Cover Fuel LPG Model WP008BF
BBQ Gas Grill 5 Pc Modular 15 Foot Island Outdoor 8 Burners Rotisserie Kit Sink Station 2 Door Wine Cooler Fridge #430 Stainless Steel Black Marble Top Fuel Natural or LPG Model WP5PCGSSl
Cal Flame Top Gun 40-Inch 5-Burner Built-in Natural Gas Convection BBQ Grill with Rotisserie – BBQ19875CTGN
Cal Flame Top Gun 40-Inch 5-Burner Built-in Propane Gas Convection BBQ Grill with Rotisserie – BBQ19875CTG
Cookware set, non-stick coating induction base with lid wok cooker frying pan set 3 piece set combination gas stove
Crown Verity CV-BI-48-2PKG-LP Built-in Outdoor Liquid Propane Charbroiler, 46″ x 21″ Grill Area, Six Radiant Burners with Roll Dome, Bun Rack Assembly & Vinyl BBQ Cover
Crown Verity CV-BI-48-2PKG-NG Built-in Outdoor Natural Gas Charbroiler, 46″ x 21″ Grill Area, Six Radiant Burners with Roll Dome, Bun Rack Assembly & Vinyl BBQ Cover
Fire Magic Aurora A660s Propane Gas Bbq Grill With Single Side Burner, One Infrared Burner And Magic View Window On Cart – A660s-5l1p-62-w
Instant Pot Lux Mini 6-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, and Warmer, 3 Quart, 10 One-Touch Programs
Instant Pot Ultra 10-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Sterilizer, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker, Cake Maker, Egg Cooker, and Warmer, 8 Quart, 16 One-Touch Programs
10 Things To Think About Before Buying Gifts For Foodies (Food Lovers)
Giving gifts can really be fun and lovely if done right. And done right, we mean that the right gift is presented in the right manner to the right person. But when done wrong it can really be a disaster. Gift giving is a bane to a lot of people especially when they don’t really understand the person they are giving the gift to.
In this post, we would be taking a foodie as a case study and we would be analyzing some of the criteria you should consider before venturing into getting a gift for a foodie.
- WHAT TYPE OF FOODIE ARE WE DEALING WITH?: Before you even start thinking of a gift for a foodie, you need to sit down and profile the foodie you are getting the gift for. There is a wide range of food lovers out there. Is he a locavore, clean eater, vegetarian, meat-eater, low carbon eater or even a flexitarian. The type of foodie you are dealing with determines what you should get him or her. You don’t want to go getting an all-meat buffet for a vegetarian. So to save you getting something that won’t be touched or that would be thrown into the bin, it’s safer to profile the foodie before getting a gift.
- WHAT IS THEIR TASTE?: Ok, apart from considering the type of things they like eating, you also have to know their taste. All foodies do not have the same taste. A certain foodie would prefer their food exquisitely prepared and garnished with different spices while another would eat the same food with little or no garnishing. Know the standard and taste of whoever you are getting a gift for and explore the options available in that standard.
- PLACES THEY HAVE VISITED THAT INTERESTED THEM: Listen to a foodie they almost always talk about places they have been to and dishes they have eaten that have really impressed them or that they can never forget. This is an eye-opener when it comes to getting the gift. A foodie would always praise really interesting restaurants that have given them great service and most of all that served them sumptuous and unforgettable dishes. That could be all it takes to surprise them. Take them to that restaurant or somewhere similar to the place they have always raved about.
- ALLERGIES/MEDICAL CONDITIONS: The allergy of a foodie is another great determinant when it comes to getting great gifts for them. It could be a herb in the food, spice or even the food itself. Some people’s immune system incorrectly identifies various proteins present in food as harmful and cause them to flare whenever they ingest such food. Study the individual whom the gift is meant for correctly identify what food he/she is allergic to, then do good to stay away from those. For example, if a foodie is lactose intolerant you know best not to give them dairy products.
- THEIR FOOD EXPERIENCES: A foodie would always talk about his food experience, if they don’t, make them talk about it. You would most likely gather a lot of what you need from your discussion with them. They would talk about great experiences, awful experience and even tongue-tingling experiences. Listen to them and try as much as possible to draw out as much as you can from them. These discussions can be a lifesaver especially if you aren’t very close to them to have noticed it yourself.
- DO THEY LIKE TO PREPARE IT THEMSELVES?: Foodies are different and their preferences same. While a whole lot of them would prefer being taken out and treated to a wide variety of exquisite culinary to tingle their taste buds others just prefer to get the groceries themselves and hit the kitchen. So don’t go guessing, study your subject and act accordingly. If he/she loves to prepare the food themselves, then a bag filled with the raw food and condiments or even utensils used to prepare them would really elate the foodie else scouting for the best restaurants would be the next point of call.
- AGE: The age of the foodie is also an important factor if you are considering getting a befitting gift for them. It is not rocket science that most people at a tender age like to explore. A younger foodie is more likely to explore and try a wider variety of food than a much-experienced foodie who has chosen a path to follow. So for older Foodies, you most likely would be looking at a specific set or class of food but for the younger generation almost anything is great.
- CONSIDER THE OCCASION TOO: You don’t want to buy steak for thanksgiving! Yes, also the occasion plays a vital role in whatever gift you are getting a foodie. Buy the item that is associated with that occasion or something the foodie has mentioned that he/she likes on such occasions. The occasion also plays a big role too!
- PACKAGING: A foodie might not just only appreciate the content of his/her gift but might also appreciate the wrapping in which it came. Female foodies especially are thrilled when their gifts come neatly wrapped and all lovely before they finally unveil the surprise. Make sure to wrap the food appropriately, you might even want to use a suggestive wrapper to give them a hint.
- SWITCH THINGS UP A BIT: You might also decide to switch things up when getting a gift for a foodie. Sometimes you just want to give them something different. Something they might not even know they love until they try it. Tickle their fancy. You might also not want to buy them a food-related gift. Look for an accessory, gadget or ornament they would love. It mustn’t be food!
Final Thoughts On Getting The Perfect Gift For Food Lovers
Getting a gift for a foodie isn’t so much of a difficult task if you know what you are doing. Just study the foodie, get the right things and surprise them.